Community Interpreting Training
FLEX is delighted to offer courses for translators interested in becoming a Community Interpreter. At FLEX we understand interpretation is a skill and therefore we work with each Interpreter individually to ensure they have the experience and knowledge to provide interpreting services across public and private sector situations.
FLEX Language Services is a recognised OCN Examination Centre. Our tutors have years of experience in Community Interpreting Training and each interpreter is accessed by a native speaker in their own tongue.
Current Course – OCN Community Interpreting Level 4
Our OCN Community Interpreting course aims to further interpreting and employment opportunities within the public, private and voluntary sectors. The course has a mixture of practical and theoretical elements designed to cover a full spectrum of what a Community Interpreter will encounter in ensuring each Interpreter has a full range of techniques and is equipped to work in a variety of situations.
- Learn interpreting techniques
- Gain an understanding of the role of the Community Interpreter
- Understand bilingual interpreting within the community
- Carry out interpreting assignments effectively
- Acquire 12 NOCN (National Open College Network) credits at Level 4
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluent in English and native language
- Cross cultural knowledge and understanding
- Interest in developing interpreting skills to train as interpreters and gain employment
- 60 hours classroom tuition – 1 evening and 2 days per week
- 60 house independent learning
Our course costs include:
- All classroom tuition
- All classroom learning materials
- A business plan written by a professional business advisor for your interpreting business
- Oral and written examination costs
- Registered FLEX Community Interpreter lanyard and badge for all ongoing work
- OCN certificate of proof
Please contact FLEX directly for a full cost breakdown. A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 is required to secure your place with full payment before the course commencement date.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Friday 18th Jan 09:30 - 16:00||Saturday 19th Jan 09:30 - 16:00||Sunday Jan 9:30 - 15:00|
|Friday 25th Jan 09:30 - 16:00||Saturday 26th Jan 09:30 - 16:00||Sunday 27th Jan 09:30 - 15:00|
|Thursday 31st Jan 09:30 - 13:00||Friday 1st Feb 09:30 - 15:30||Saturday 2nd Feb 09:30 - 16:00||Sunday 3rd Feb 09:30 - 16:00|
|Tuesday 09:30 - 16:00||Thursday 09:30 - 16:00||Saturday 9:30 - 16:00|
|Thursday 28th June||Saturday 30th June|
|Thursday 5th July||Saturday 7th July|
|Tuesday 10th July||Saturday 14th July|
|Tuesday 17th July |
|Thursday 19th July||Saturday 21st July|
|Thursday 26th July||Saturday 28th July|
If you are interested in registering for the course or finding out more information, please contact our team via the booking form below or telephone 02890 727 878.
Northern Ireland HQ
Filor Building Twin Spires Complex 155 Northumberland Street Belfast, County Antrim BT13 2JF
Tel: +44 (0)28 9072 7878
Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 410 0600
Click on a button below to complete an online booking form for interpreting or translation.