Community Interpreting Training
FLEX is delighted to offer courses for translators interested in becoming a Community Interpreter. At FLEX we understand interpretation is a skill and therefore we work with each Interpreter individually to ensure they have the experience and knowledge to provide interpreting services across public and private sector situations.
FLEX Language Services is a recognised OCN Examination Centre. Our tutors have years of experience in Community Interpreting Training and each interpreter is accessed by a native speaker in their own tongue.
Current Course – OCN Level 4 in Community Interpreting
- Learn interpreting techniques
- Gain an understanding of the role of the Community Interpreter
- Understand bilingual interpreting within the community
- Carry out interpreting assignments effectively
- Acquire 12 NOCN (National Open College Network) credits at Level 4
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluent in English and native language
- Cross cultural knowledge and understanding
- Interest in developing interpreting skills to train as interpreters and gain employment
- 60 hours classroom tuition – 1 evening and 2 days per week
- 60 house independent learning
- All classroom tuition
- All classroom learning materials
- A business plan written by a professional business advisor for your interpreting business
- Oral and written examination costs
- Registered FLEX Community Interpreter lanyard and badge for all ongoing work
- OCN certificate of proof
Please contact FLEX directly for a full cost breakdown. A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 is required to secure your place with full payment before the course commencement date.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Sunday 16th Feb 09:00 - 18:00||Sunday 23rd Feb 09:00 - 18:00||Sunday 1st Mar 09:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday 15th Mar 09:00 - 18:00||Sunday 22nd Mar 09:00 - 18:00||Sunday 29th Mar 09:00 - 18:00|
If you are interested in registering for the course or finding out more information, please contact our team via the booking form below or telephone 02890 727 878.